Listen to this BPPS Podcast on YouTube. To read along, click closed captions [cc] or read text of speech below:
Many people are disappointed with prayer; maybe you too are! In this short speech you’ll discover four reasons why your prayers can go unanswered. Do keep in mind that your failure to wait to listen to God in prayer contributes to the problem of unanswered prayer as much as the four reasons that are going to be mentioned.
Prayers can go unanswered when your asking is not with right motives. God’s searchlights penetrate and light up every nook and corner of your heart. It shows up what you hide.
And when your lips say one thing and your heart means something else, that means you are asking with wrong motives and those prayers can go unanswered.
Prayers can go unanswered when they are not made in faith. If you look at many prayers they are just wishful thinking. Faith goes deeper. It is confidence in the person, who is God himself, to whom you pray to. It is faith that delights in your relationship with God as your heavenly Father and you as his child.
Faith looks more at the Giver than at the gift you expect to get. If this kind of faith is absent, then prayers can go unanswered.
Prayers can go unanswered when there is no persevering in prayer. God is not an ATM that delivers cash when you put in your card. He is more interested to see you grow in character. Therefore like a wise parent, he often delays answers to prayer. That will make some people quit praying. But those who are desperate for answers to prayer keep on praying.
This is not vain repetition but it is more of a “Do not give up” attitude Jesus taught about prayer. When this kind of perseverance is absent, prayers can go unanswered.
Prayers can go unanswered when they are not in tune with God’s will. This is very perplexing to many. We wish one thing to happen and we pray about it, and it does not happen. We become angry with God about it. Quite natural that we react like that. Yes, there are questions to which we don’t have any answers to.
Therefore Jesus taught us to pray to God, “Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.” If our desire is in contradiction to God’s will, that prayer can go unanswered.
Finally, let me end by saying God is interested in answering your prayers. But he is more interested in changing you to be ready for the answers when he is pleased to give them to you.
So pray with right motives, pray in faith that God will answer prayer, pray with perseverance, and ask God for wisdom to pray according to his will.
“The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” — Psalm 34:17. 18 Bible NIV 1984.
All Sermonettes List
In these speeches you’ll find hope in God to meet the challenges that you face in life!
- The Second Coming of Jesus: Be Ready or Be Left Behind!
- “Hosanna”—Meet Your King!
- My Grace Is Sufficient for You!
- Look to Jesus
- “I, the LORD, Do Not Change!”
- Assurance Like No Other: “I Am with You Always!”
- The LORD Says: “I Have Loved You with an Everlasting Love!”
- “Why Are You Downcast, O My Soul?”
- “Come Back Home, My Child!”
- Seeing God Face to Face Beyond Poor Reflection in a Mirror
- Hope in God Will Be Your Strength
- Blessed Are the Poor in Spirit
- All My Wasted Years O God to Your Hands I Give
- Of All the Lessons You’ve Taught Me: Finish Strong!
- God Give You the Grace to Overflow with Hope
- Do You Know Him Who Calls You by Name?
- Life from Ashes and Rise from the Dust
- Put Out into Deep Water and Let Down the Nets for a Catch
- Meet the Risen Christ Who Walks Along with You on Lonely Sunset Roads
- Can You Make a Bolt for the Finish Line with Bricks on Your Head?
- Three Quick Things To Do When You Are Tired of Living
- Hold the Fort for God’s Help Will Surely Come
- You Can Rise Up in God’s Strength Today
- Have a Glimpse of Heaven
- Lead Us O Lord from Darkness to Light!
- In Search for the Truth
- Move Forward with Courage
- Bless the LORD O My Soul
- Cleansing of Your Past Is Possible
- Come On Play It Big
- You Can Find Success God’s Way
- The Promise of the Comforter
- And He Will Be Called
- But Why Is the Question Christmas Answers
- When Your Future Looks Uncertain
- Touch of an Angel Is What You Need Today
- You Can Bounce Back from Defeat Always
- Be Ready for the End of the World |Is Near
- What Better Hope in Life Do You Have Than This?
- Christmas Is for Failures Like You and Me
- Where Do You See Yourself Five Years from Now and Beyond
- 1 Minute Guide to Find Your Ultimate Satisfaction in Life
- When In Doubt What to Do: 7 Takeaways for You
- God Says, “As a Mother Comforts Her Child So Will I Comfort You!
- Stand Still and See God’s Work in Your Life
- Believe in the Message of the Foolishness of God
- “Get Up!” Is the Motivational Word You Need to Hear Today
- JESUS—What Is in a Name?
- Believe in the Power of God-given Dreams
- The Truth Will Set You Free
- The Stranger with a One Line Haunting Message
- God’s Mercy for You
- Hope That a Sunset Brings
- God’s Love
- God Has Not Forgotten You
- Jesus the Light of the World
- Joy Is a Gift; Happiness an Attitude!
- I Have Placed Before You an Open Door That No One Can Shut
- When Death Speak; Listen to Its Meaning
- Arise and Rebuild Your Life Once Again
- I Will Repay You for the Years the Locusts Have Eaten
- Call to Me and I Will Answer You Is the Invitation and Promise of Prayer
- When Hearts Are Wedded in Love!
- Thank God for All Your Failures
- Make Way for the New
- The LORD Is My Shepherd
- Jesus the Friend of Sinners
- Rise Up and Soar on Wings Like Eagles
- By the Rivers of Babylon: A Song of Hope in a Long Night of Captivity!
- Worried About What Will Others Think About Me
- A Successful Comeback Is Possible for You!
- Keep Lose Hold on Life for Life Is a Great Gamble
- A Short Speech on Hope When Speeches too Go Virtual
- Three Things You Shouldn’t Forget When in Despair
- Forget Your Past for the Train of Your Life Is Moving Forward
- My Friend, Do Not Give Up!
- Can I Earn My Forgiveness?
- He Walks in When Everyone Else Has Rejected You and Walked Out on You
- If You Believe You Can Win Over Depression
- You Are Not Alone in Your Struggle Against Inferiority Complex
- Do Not Worry About Tomorrow
- A Short Prayer When My Heart Is Broken
- How to Move on in Life in Spite of Mistakes Made
- A Lesson from Ants from the Book of Proverbs
- Say Yes to the Gift of Life Always
- A Short Speech on Love
- God Loves You!
- How to Find Hope When Situation Looks Hopeless
- Falling, Failing, and Rising Up!
- Social Media—the Little Foxes That Ruin the Vineyards
- The Meaning of God with Us
- On Temptation
- On Gratitude
- The Joy of Lost and Found
- The Meaning of Life
- The Star of Christmas
- The Gift of Christmas
- Angels Seen Says Reporter
- In His Eyes I Saw That Look of Love’s Gentle Light
- Hope of Christmas
- Compere Script for the Song Would You Be Free from the Burden of Sin
- യഹോവ എൻ്റെ ഇടയനാകുന്നു—A Short Malayalam Sermon by Daniela B. Peter
- യഹോവ എൻ്റെ ഇടയനാകുന്നു—A Short Malayalam Sermon by Stefan B. Peter
- 1 Minute Welcome Speech and Christmas Message (Kindergarten)
- 1 Minute Speech for Kindergarten Children on Hope
- 1 Minute Speech for Children on Wisdom
- 1 Minute Speech for Children on Character